Super simple and delicious full calorie recipe. I used the SimplyNature linguine instead of fettuccine but any thicker noodle works just fine. I am working on a way to"skinny" this one up, but in the meantime, we'll just call it comfort food.
Serves 6, Cost per Serving $.89
1 package SimplyNature Organic Linguine
1 stick Country Creamery unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 block Happy Farms cream cheese
2 cups Friendly Farms whole milk
5 oz. shredded Priano Parmesan Cheese (not the granules)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil linguine according to package directions.
2. In a sauce pan melt butter and saute garlic over medium heat.
3. Add the cream cheese and stir with whisk until incorporated.
4. Slowly add milk until whisking constantly.
5. Stir in Parmesan, salt and pepper and whisk until creamy. If it gets too thick you can add more milk.
6. Strain pasta and toss with Alfredo.