Pretzel Cheesecake: Happy Independence Day!
2 c. crushed pretzels (measure after crushing or you will be short)
5 T. sugar
3/4 c. butter, melted
2 block cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 container (8oz.) whipped topping (or make your own whipped cream-about 4 c. needed)
1 pint fresh strawberries, trimmed and quartered
1 c. fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350* Mix together crushed pretzels, sugar, and butter. Press into a 9x13 baking dish in an even layer.
2. Bake for 10 minutes to lightly toast the crust. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
3. For the filling, use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese and sugar. Fold in whipped cream.
4. Spread evenly over cooled crust. I like to use a table knife run under hot water to get a smooth finish.
5. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries as pictured. (On other holidays this dessert gets topped with cherry pie filling).