Chile Rellenos Casserole
Serves 4, approx. $.75 per serving
2 cans of diced green chiles, drained (or 3 roasted, peeled, and seeded fresh poblanos)
1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 block Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
1 box Jiffy Mix Corn Bread
1/3 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Layer chiles on the bottom of a 8x8 square baking dish (or similar).
3. In a medium bowl whisk together 1/4 c. flour and 1/2 c. milk until all lumps are gone. Add more milk if needed. Whisk in 4 eggs and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Pour egg mixture over chiles.
4. Bake for 5 minutes or until eggs begin to set around the edges. While baking mix the Jiffy cornbread as directed on the box. (You can use the same bowl - I won't tell.)
5. Remove from oven, top with shredded cheese and then gently pour corn bread batter over top.
6. Continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until cornbread has set all the way through the middle.