I get a little bored of lasagna from time to time and this Ziti is my go-to recipe when we want Italian. It is also not a budget buster compared to many lasagna and ziti recipes that can call for pricey Italian sausage or huge amounts of cheese.Serves 8, Cost per Serving $.99
16 oz. dry tube-type pasta, ziti or penne
1 jar of pasta sauce (I prefer the SimplyNature Tomato Basil -organic)
6 deli slices of Provolone Cheese
8 oz. sour cream
12 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 oz. Parmesan Cheese, grated
1. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350*
3. In a 9x13 pan, spread approximately 2 T. of sauce on the bottom to prevent sticking.
4. Put in half of the cooked noodles.
5. Top with the slices of Provolone spread in a single layer.
6. Top the provolone with the sour cream, spreading evenly.
7. Top with half the sauce.
8. Top with the remaining cooked pasta.
9. Top with the rest of the sauce.
10. Top with the Mozzarella and Parmesan.
11. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is fully melted.