On a night when I actually have time to cook, my family's plate looks like this. Remember this photo when you see the pizza plate! Katie chose to laugh at my variety plate, "It looks like you went to a buffet!" Thanks, Katie!
5 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, etc. I've even made with bone in, skin on.
3/4 can Aldi root beer
1/2 bottle barbecue sauce (about 1 cup)
1 tsp brown sugar (for a little sweeter taste, but not necessary)
1. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken.
3. Pour root beer over the sauce.
4. Sprinkle in brown sugar.
5. Cover and cook on low all day or high for 4-5 hours. I put this in the slow cooker at 12:00 and it was ready at 5:00 being cooked on high and the thighs were frozen.
Freezer to Crockpot:Add all ingredients to gallon freezer bag. Press out air, seal, and freeze for up to 3 months. The day of cooking empty frozen contents of bag into Crockpot and cook on low all day.
Steamed Brussel Sprouts
1 tray brussel sprouts
1/2 cup water
sea salt sprinkled on top
pepper sprinkled on top
1 T olive oil
1 T lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
1. Trim the stem end of the sprout and cut in half then discard any bad leaves.
2. Wash and place in microwave safe bowl.
3. Pour water in bowl.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Microwave for 10 minutes covered with a paper towel
6. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the top and serve.